Tuesday, October 18, 2011

Who was Shakespeare

Before I even searched anything, I knew that Shakespeare is the man responsible for writing some of the most famous plays of all time.  I also knew that he wrote Romeo and Juliet and Hamlet, but that's about all I really knew about him.  With some research, I found that he still is really a mystery and there aren't really any hard facts about him.  Things like his birthday, what he looked like, and even his identity is some what of a guess.  Also in the reading we had the other night, I thought it was interesting that some people believe that there's no way Shakespeare could have written those plays.  With no evidence they are questioning someone who is considered to be the greatest of all dramatists.  I feel that Shakespeare is thought of as a great writer by most students, but not to many want to get assigned something that deals with him.  Most students, are just turned off by the thought of having to read something by him, and they really don't give him much of a chance.  Over the years I've learned how to interpret Shakespeare's meanings a lot more then I could when I started studying his works.  I am able to translate his writing easier, but I still struggle with some of the extra meanings that Shakespeare intended his audience to get.


When searching I typed in Who was Shakespeare into Google and clicked on the link from PBS.

No comments:

Post a Comment