Thursday, October 20, 2011

Tools That Change the Way We Think."

The extensive use of Internet/media/technology makes it easier for me to get information.  It's quick and efficient,  to just go on Google to look up whatever I want to research.  I can't really imagine how long it must have taken people to do things like research papers, when they didn't have these sources.  It must have taken a long time, but they were probably learning more going through all the information.  Now since it is so fast and easy, I might not learn as much.  Also from what I learned about the filter bubbles, I really am not learning everything when I do a search on Google. They are blocking me off from the other side, which can really be beneficial in learning the facts.  I also don't really need to remember much because anything I won't to know takes about 5 minutes, at the most, to figure out. When there was no extensive use in Internet and these other sources, people had to remember more information to save them the time of looking it up again.  All of the use of the Internet just makes me feel I don't need to learn much,  and depend on these other sources when I need to know something. 

Hunter Walker
Period 3

No comments:

Post a Comment