Thursday, May 31, 2012
After talking to my colleagues, I've come up with some new ideas on how to make my college blog better. One I should talk about the six colleges that are at UCSD. To many people this may be very confusing because most colleges only have one college. That should talking some explanation from someone that has some information about them. Also I should add how my thought process was when trying to figure out what college to pick. How I went about applying to certain schools and overall what was it that made me choose UCSD as the school for me. I plan on using what I learned from my colleagues on my blog so that my blog will appeal to more people and be more effective.
Tuesday, May 22, 2012
- So far, I have created my blog for the college group. There isn't much on it right now, it just has what the blog is about and what the plan is for the blog.
- With the two weeks we have left, I will have to add much more information about the school. I will also have too provide other information that would be beneficial for people who have UCSD in mind for a school they may be choosing.
- My blog that I have created will be beneficial to other students because they may have questions about the college and they can ask me directly or see if the blog has any answers for them. Also they will have opinions from a student that currently attends the school.
Wednesday, May 16, 2012
- My goal for the last part of the year, is to help create information on a college board. I initially had idea of creating a blog with my friends with information that would help on any college, but then with tabs on each of blog that had information about our individual schools we will be attending. Then I heard there was already a blog doing that, so I think we will collaborate with them and brainstorm ideas and create that blog.
- The materials and resources that I will need is the internet for the information about UCSD. I also have books and tips for incoming freshman that I can use for the blog. I feel that the internet will be a huge resource that I will use throughout this process.
- My timeline and production schedule is looking like we have about two-two and half weeks until we need to present our finished product. In this time I will have to do a lot of research on UCSD and organize that into a clean and effective blog.
- I will present this to my colleagues by showing them the website on the projector and I will be up explaining my blog to them. Also if they have any questions I will be up there answering them for them.
Thursday, May 3, 2012
Today my studying included going on the main blog and looking at the exam practice and reference page. I looked at some released question and tried to work my way through those. The questions I looked at didn't have any answers so I'm not sure how I did on them. I think that the multiple choice will still be the hardest part of the Ap test and that's why I'm spending the most time on that.
Monday, April 30, 2012
Today we talked about some of the books that we read this year for our literature analysis. Many of us read the same book so we just discussed themes and plots of those books. I also went back and studied the lit terms from the past because I feel like I struggle on those. Today is going to be dedicated to learning as many lit terms and vocabulary as I can. I think this will help with the multiple choice questions on the Ap test.
Sunday, April 29, 2012
The theme of the writing was that sometimes you can get answers to your questions, from unexpected sources. The man in this excerpt was looking for a name for when he goes out in character at night. He was unsure and couldn't think of a name for some time. After turning down plenty of beers by his co-worker, he got the name "Nite Owl". That is what he stuck with and that was a unexpected source that gave him the answer to his problem. This could happen to anyone with a question or problem.
Thursday, April 26, 2012
While studying for the Ap test I used the English Literature and Composition section 1 the one with the answer key. I did the first 8 questions and tried to pick the answers that I would pick on the actual test. It is kind of hard to pick the answers that I would honestly pick, but it is a good test to see if I have any clue about the questions and the answers. I have a harder time identifying the literary terms and I think those questions are harder for me. Also there was another question that was asked and I had a hard time with. It asked what the view of nature might best be described as. I didn't know what any of the answers meant except for one and I didn't feel like that was right. If I were taking the test it would be beneficial if I knew that.