Sunday, January 22, 2012

"A peom worth loving"

I Cry
By: Tupac Shakur

Sometimes when I'm alone
I Cry,
Cause I am on my own.
The tears I cry are bitter and warm.
They flow with life but take no form
I Cry because my heart is torn.
I find it difficult to carry on.
If I had an ear to confide in,
I would cry among my treasured friend,
but who do you know that stops that long,
to help another carry on.
The world moves fast and it would rather pass by.
Then to stop and see what makes one cry,
so painful and sad.

And sometimes...

I Cry

and no one cares about why.

I chose this poem because it really has a lot of meaning to me. When looking up for poets and poetry I found poems by Tupac Shakur. Who is in my eyes the best rapper of all time and seeing that he wrote actually poetry was not to surprising. I didn't except his poem to be like this though, from this you would think he was a guy who would be very emtional. If you know of Tupac you know he is the exact opposite, he's a tough gangster who would cuss you out if you looked at him the wrong way. Also when you see him you would have to think that he lived a life with no worries and just enjoyed life. From this it shows he has a different side to him and actually was kind of sad. For a guy who preached being a tough guy, he might really not be that person. I love this peom because it shows that if your doing well in life people don't want to see you crying and won't help you out. Tupac was a lyrical genius and this just proves even more that he's deeper then what people give him credit for.

No comments:

Post a Comment